M6A1 Seiran Tamiya 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That litter Seiran, in U.S. markings, requires and explanation !! Please....

Charles

The original plan was to attack the Panama Canal but this was changed as the Japanese General Naval Staff considered the American Carriers at Ulithi Atoll a more important priority to be stopped, so orders were changed and issued for the new Target to be attacked.
The Seirans were painted overall Silver and US stars and Bars applied in the hope that these new Japanese aircraft in US markings would have a good chance at getting to their targets.

Cheers Charles...

gloss coat and a couple of decals.....

Attachments

• i-400_Gloss_3446.JPG
    i-400_Gloss_3446.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 108
  • I-400_Gloss_3447.JPG
    I-400_Gloss_3447.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 94
  • I-400_Gloss_3448.JPG
    I-400_Gloss_3448.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 113
Great stuff Wayne!!

I seem to recall they not long ago found one or two of these aircraft carrying subs that had been sunk by the Navy after the war.

Yes they did, they were sunk just off the coast of Oahu in 1946. Rediscovered in 2005 by members of the Hawaii Underwater Research Lab.

Great stuff Wayne!!

I seem to recall they not long ago found one or two of these aircraft carrying subs that had been sunk by the Navy after the war.

Yea, the U.S. Navy sunk them so the Russians would not have access to them. The History Channel had a story about them awhile back.

Charles

got the aircraft rigged for take off, almost done....!

Attachments

• I-400_Ready to Launch_3608.jpg
    I-400_Ready to Launch_3608.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 62
  • I-400_Ready to Launch_3610.jpg
    I-400_Ready to Launch_3610.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 77
finally got back to the last few steps in completing this little project, sprayed the base Black last weekend and worked out a simple display for the base, printed it out and glued it to the base. Models are placed but not yet fixed to the base.

Attachments

• Seiran  I-400_Base_b.JPG
    Seiran I-400_Base_b.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back