Macchi MC.202 Folgore- Hobby 2000 (Hasegawa) 1:72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for comments.
The Macchi 202 drive is a license Daimler Benz DB 601 engine, produced in Italy as Alfa Romeo R.A.1000 R.C.41
The inscription on the hood commemorates the Italian fighter ace of World War I - Francesco Baracca. His personal emblem was a black horse, standing on two hind legs, which was also used by Enzo Ferrari as a sign of the Scuderia Ferrari (!).

Last edited:
That is one sharp looking model, Cpt. Franco Lucchini would have been proud to put it up on his trophy shelf.
Dare I copy the finish you did? only if you tell me the color and methods you use.

Dare I copy the finish you did? only if you tell me the color and methods you use.
Thx for your attention,
Hmmm, I have built this model a year ago, so I can't remember what exactly I poured into airbrush tank, but I am generally a Mr.Color lacquer user. I used mixtures of paints I had in stock in the moment.

It could be:

Upper side:
Sand -Mr.Color C313 Yellow (Federal Standard 33531) mixed with C119 RLM79 Sand Yellow to get a bit darker shade.
Green dots: Mr.Color C018 Black Green (German RLM 70) mixed with a bit lighter RAF Dark green

Bottom side:

Colour between RAF Medium sea gray, and U.S. Neutral Grey. Could be:
Mr color 324 light gray
-Model Master 4762 Light Ghost Gray (FS36375)

interior:
Mr color 312-green (+- RAF interior green, FS 34227), or Model Master 4739 pale green.

Green dots painted airbrush/freehand using low air pressure, and very diluted paint (approx.1-paint 3-thinner).

Tip: paint a old model overall with sand colour, and make a try with green dots. Experience will be doubled.

Bonne chance, and don't forget to show us the results!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread