Maple Syrup 2015

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Once you have had real maple syrup you will never eat that crap from the grocery store.

Some good friends of ours always bring some good stuff from New York back for us. Absolutely amazing stuff.

Took a few pics this time last year when visiting the the bro-in-law if it's OK to post here:

Collecting:

Boiling:

Finished product:

My brother in law does it as a hobby and not a business. He taps maybe 3 trees on his property and another 3 or 4 on his neighbours' and then shares the syrup. He'll brign us some in July when he visits. 8 liters made so far.

Excellent addition to the thread. His set up is a bit fancier than mine but it is done pretty much the same way...I guess there is only one way for a hobby syrup guy. no miles of tubing and such. I am up to 3 litres to date and the weather forecast for the next few days should give me a good run of sap. Fingers crossed.

Jeff

I live in an area full of Mennonites, tons of maple syrup!! Actually Jeff I work in Guelph, live about a hour away.

We need to replace 'giving Bacon' with 'Giving Maple' !

Always have it on my pancakes when Stateside (even tho' its probably watered down. !)

Actually, its also pretty damn good on Bacon when frying!

"...Not sure what they are priced at but I know it aint cheap."

I'm picking mine up tomorrow from the farm I've patronized for years .... $70.00 for 4 liters.

Users who are viewing this thread