Me 262 1a yeiiow 2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello Karl, I have found one reference to a "Yellow 2"

Me262A-1a Yellow 2 500224 flown by Oberfahnrich Gunther Schrey.
(On the 18th March 1945 reported that yellow 2 and Yellow 3 collided in dense fog taking off at Kaltenkirchen.)
However the only survivor of this flight Leutnant Hans-Dieter Weihs (8 Me262 victories) states that 3 of the flight of 4 Me262's succeeded in taking off through the low dense cloud from Kaltenkirchen.
"We formed a tight formation, and flew in a big loop into the low hanging cloud. At a height of about 700m, Waldmann went missing and only Schrey remained with me. Then at about 800m, directly over the forrest of Saxony, there was an almighty bang underneath and behind me. Waldmann had come up through the clouds and, unable to see me, rammed my aircraft." Weihs bailed out of his 262 and heard the explosions of both aircraft as he hit the ground. "Then I heard the sound of gunfire. I looked up to see that it was directed at Oberfahnrich Schrey, who had the misfortune to break through the clouds in front of a formation of American Mustangs, who promptly shot him down. Schrey parachuted from his stricken aircraft, and was dangling at the end of his 'chute when he was again fired on by the enemy and killed."

Oberleutnant Hans-Peter Waldmann, Staffel-Kapitan of 3/JG7 was flying Yellow 3 W.Nr. 170079 and was an "Experten" with 132 victories.

I don't know the markings for Lt. Weihs aircraft.....yet? still looking...

Hope this helps...

Hope I'm doing this right! Yes, it helps! i bought a new styro Me 26 r/c this week w Dx7 transmitter. Should be here this week! Markings: Yellow 2 JG 7, hence my question. Thanks again. Sincerely, Karl

which Gelbe 2 though are you talking of ? in I. or III. gruppe ? and even though they were shot down they were replaced by other 2's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back