Me 262 A2a (?) 9K+BK (?)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aurelien wolff

Airman 1st Class
Sep 20, 2018
Hello, for my birthday from my step dad, I got a revell 1/32 scale me 262 A1a/A2a (I think one can turn the interior in a A2a with a bit of modification and do a A1a jager und jabo from the box, I plan to open one engine and one side of the nose, hesitetating a bit between a KG (J) 30 what if and this one) and decided to do a bit of research on that plane and saw his code and variant are interpreted differently by people, sometimes, it'll be 9K+BN, other 9K+BL and I've seen it interpreted as a A1a.
img_53_1.jpg

In revell instruction (I wonder if they didn't inverted the 81/82 for the top).
29647_2_rev03875_15.jpg

Thanks for your answers!

According to my notes it's the Me 262A-1a Jabo W.Nr.170064 coded 9K+BK belonged to the 2./KG(J)51. The RLM 82 with mottling of RLM83 at tops and sides. Undersides of RLM76. The code letter B of the red with the white outline. The nose cap red with thin white band at the back.

As memo serves the 9K+BN was the Me262A-2a and belonged to the 5./JG(J)51. She had a different camo colours RLM81/82/76 with waves of the RLM76. What is more the fin+rudder tip was of red with a thin white line. One source says the top camo consisted of the RLM RLM74/75.

According to my notes it's the Me 262A-1a Jabo W.Nr.170064 coded 9K+BK belonged to the 2./KG(J)51. The RLM 82 with mottling of RLM83 at tops and sides. Undersides of RLM76. The code letter B of the red with the white outline. The nose cap red with thin white band at the back.

As memo serves the 9K+BN was the Me262A-2a and belonged to the 5./JG(J)51. She had a different camo colours RLM81/82/76 with waves of the RLM76. What is more the fin+rudder tip was of red with a thin white line. One source says the top camo consisted of the RLM RLM74/75.
Impressive.

çrpik-kurdî.gif

So the revell code and variant would be good. They gave it the wnr 170122 tho.

The swastika look odd on this one Crashlocatie Messerschmitt Me 262A-2a 170120 - Helmond - TracesOfWar.nl, tho the scheme loks similar

Actually the swastika doesn't look strange. IMHO the one was of white but not black. Aparently the 170122 was burning and the swastika looks like being soot. What is more the inner structure of the fin caused the different temperature ( possible became a kind of radiator or so ) at the areas of the fin skin and where an airfoil and a stringer were. It resulted in the white "cross" that can be noticed just in the Swastika marking only.

OK, do we know if 9K+BK Wnr would've been visible on its tail?

I noticed tamiya got the correct wnr for this plane. I'm tempted for a what if KG (J) 30 plane (they don't seem to have any plane before the war end).

I'm in what if and there are what if's option for the 262 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back