Me-262 Gunsight (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spitfires got scarce enough after WWII that the ones in private hands were given names. One MK XVI that was on display at the San Diego Aerospace Museum was known as the Rose Garden Spitfire because the gentleman who purchased as surplus it kept it in his rose garden for years.

So, is there a Beer Garden Me-262?

Going well i think. And indeed and me262 are you working on,?
Snautzer01, Mjfur

Its W/Nr. 112372.

The replica gunsight is being constructed by one of the expert technicians in the Conservation Centre who has improved our aircraft already by making 'original' navigation lights to replace the very poor non-orignal UK type lights it had been fitted with.

I will get some before and after pictures of these so you can see the difference.

Gruss

Rodd

Hi all,
An example of some the work we are doing on our Me-262.

It has had incorrect wintip navigation lights for a longtime, so we decided to correct this error by fabricating replica lights as they should be there. the same skilled technicia that is making the REVI16B's also created these lights.
Here are some before and after photos.

!. Original as we had it, short light with a hole (in the wrong position) for a UK bulb holder,
2. Cleaned back to full size opening with
3. With new bulb holder,, coloured dome and shaped clear cover.

Its looking a lot better

Attachments

• PORT NAV LIGHT - Original Situation 2 IMG_5052.JPG
    PORT NAV LIGHT - Original Situation 2 IMG_5052.JPG
    752.6 KB · Views: 42
  • PORT NAV LIGHT - Cleaned back to Full size 2 IMG_5232.JPG
    PORT NAV LIGHT - Cleaned back to Full size 2 IMG_5232.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7220.JPG
    IMG_7220.JPG
    643.2 KB · Views: 39
If you can find the time i think it will be welcomed enormously if you feel like to update work on this bird in this thread. We are a big community eager to see this work on this plane.

If you can find the time i think it will be welcomed enormously if you feel like to update work on this bird in this thread. We are a big community eager to see this work on this plane.
OK I will see what I can do..
Lets start with a little challenge... :)
What is this a photo of on the 262?

Attachments

• IMG_5064.JPG
    IMG_5064.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
Whoehahahaaa :laughing3: sorry but we have a Wurger.

And then some other guys that are in the know.

Thank you for posting . I realley do. Hope you will keep on posting this piece of history.
I realley would like anything you are willing to share about this one.

The stabilizer adjusting motor.
Yes Correct, its for adjusting the trim of the tail-plane (horizontal stabilizer).

However I have a question just to satisfy my curiosity:
This trim motor is right at the front of the fin (vertical stabilizer) but later models (example photo below from 500071 in the Museum at Munich) shows the trim motor to be much further back inside the fin and accessed via a side panel.
When did it change? Thanks

Attachments

• Me-262 Munchen - Alt Triim Loc.jpg
    Me-262 Munchen - Alt Triim Loc.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
Looks the same to me.
But its not, on 112372 the motor is right at the front of the fin and is accessed by removing a panel which is part of the leading edge, whereas with 500071 the access panel is on the port side of the fin. Here are a couple more photos of 11372

Attachments

• IMG_5065.JPG
    IMG_5065.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5062.JPG
    IMG_5062.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
The reason we were looking inside the Fin was to find out why the elevators where not working... We did these photos show why and the solution we fabricated to solve the problem. Red because its not a standard part.

Attachments

• IMG_5066.JPG
    IMG_5066.JPG
    501 KB · Views: 27
  • Elevator Control rod STARBOARD SIDE View IMG_5172.JPG
    Elevator Control rod STARBOARD SIDE View IMG_5172.JPG
    831 KB · Views: 25
  • Elevator Rod - Replacemnet  Elevator End   IMG_4633.JPG
    Elevator Rod - Replacemnet Elevator End IMG_4633.JPG
    979 KB · Views: 23
But its not, on 112372 the motor is right at the front of the fin and is accessed by removing a panel which is part of the leading edge, whereas with 500071 the access panel is on the port side of the fin. Here are a couple more photos of 11372

The reason we were looking inside the Fin was to find out why the elevators where not working... We did these photos show why and the solution we fabricated to solve the problem. Red because its not a standard part.

It looks like there is a lack of a couple of the pars of the mechanizm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back