Me-262 Gunsight (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Give the guy who makes it a pet on his back. He deserves it.
He has all our admiration for his work, not just these Gunsights and the Navigation lights (for this Me-262 and other aircraft in the museum) he has also made a couple of replacement throttle control rods for the 262 as some were missing. Here are some photos.

Original and 'Basic' Copies side by side - I say basic as we just wanted them to work and they do not need to meet type approval etc as this one will not be flying.
Here they are in position (painted red again as a non-original part). The long one goes from Bellcrank inside the Port wing to the top of the engine. The short one is within the Starboard engine nacelle to connect hydraulic motor which moves the "Zwiebel" as the throttle is opened

Attachments

• MBCC Replica Rods alongside original templates IMG_5554.JPG
    MBCC Replica Rods alongside original templates IMG_5554.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • PORT ENGINE - Throttle Rod REPLACEMENT IMG_5595.JPG
    PORT ENGINE - Throttle Rod REPLACEMENT IMG_5595.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • STBD ENGINE - Replica Rod in place IMG_5586.JPG
    STBD ENGINE - Replica Rod in place IMG_5586.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Hi all,
back after 2 months touring in the EU and thought I would post some photos of the progress with the gunsight, or as it now turns out in my Gunsights as the Technician now has three 16B's in production - think I should now call him Mr./ Herr Revi. Also gunsight mounts are also being made as well. Next stage is to fit one in the 262.

Attachments

• IMG_8513.JPG
    IMG_8513.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8515.JPG
    IMG_8515.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Hi all,
back after 2 months touring in the EU and thought I would post some photos of the progress with the gunsight, or as it now turns out in my Gunsights as the Technician now has three 16B's in production - think I should now call him Mr./ Herr Revi. Also gunsight mounts are also being made as well. Next stage is to fit one in the 262.
Very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back