Me-262

Could the Me-262 have won the war for the Axis?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not only would this website not exist but no-one would unless they had blonde hair, blue eyes and spoke bloody German! (Unless of course they were short, fat, had greasy black hair and a tiny square moustache!)

:evil:

No it isn't - thats exactly what the Germans wanted, thats exactly why hitler wanted war mate - to created the ultimate, perfect human race. thats just basic history ;)

the me-262 could have won the war for germany if it was operational
during the early years of the war :( it is the pioneer of modern jets :rolleyes:

"the me-262 could have won the war for germany if it was operational
during the early years of the war it is the pioneer of modern jets "

How can anyone even THINK that one plane could change the way the war ended? come on! the Me 262 wasn't indestructable! it could be shot down and the allies had their own jets on the way, it wasn't like the Germans developed the only jet fighters for god sake! the Brits had the Meteor and the Yanks had the Aircomet....the argument just doesn't make sense! One plane type could defeat all the armies, navies and airforces of the Allies? ](*,)

The aircomet was a joke!

Seriously, had the Germans built aircraft like the FW 189 and the Arado 240 and the Heinkel 280 in the early 1940's the latter half of the war would have been a very different kettle of fish in my opinion.

Kiwimac

kiwimac said:
The aircomet was a joke!

Seriously, had the Germans built aircraft like the FW 189 and the Arado 240 and the Heinkel 280 in the early 1940's the latter half of the war would have been a very different kettle of fish in my opinion.

Kiwimac

The Fw 189 was a Twin Engined Recon Plane, M8 8)

Fw189iffro.jpg

Hot Space

None of this changes the fact that the Me 262 jet fighter would never have won the war - even if they had built it in 1943 ;)

Oh god this is killing me!

No-one is denying that these jets would have made a difference - all i'm saying is it would never have WON THE WAR for anyone :evil:

And I'm NOT disagreeing with you. What I AM saying is that had the Reich Air ministry actually used its brains for something other that cushioning their seats with, then the outcome of the war could well have been somewhat different.

Kiwimac

kiwimac said:
The aircomet was a joke!

Kiwimac

The AR 240 was a Twin Engined propellar plane. Good yes, but no more revolution than for ex. the Mosquito.What influence on the result of the war can a plane like this have !!!!!

circumstance.... it's all about circumstances...

if the 262 had been in service earlier, it might have thrown the balance of major battles in favor of the axis, which would have made things easier on all the other groups..... you see what I'm getting at? but I don't think it would have made that much of a difference

I guess my argument is that earlier use of planes like the HE 280 et alia would mean that the Reich armed forces would perhaps have had a different attitude towards innovation.

Which perhaps means that a whole raft of other ideas (that were never thought of in our war) could have come up.

Kiwimac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back