Me-262 (1 Viewer)

Could the Me-262 have won the war for the Axis?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The A-bomb was developed specifically to hit Germany, but they folded before it was ready so Japan got hit instead. Don't kid yourselves--if they'd been ready sooner, we'd be talking about Schweinfurt, not Hiroshima!

yep and since that is true, it undermines the fact that some people believe that the A-bomb was racist. if you ever hear that, then tell the person that it isnt, because it was intended to be used on white people

R Pope said:
1000 mph Arado? Not!! 1000 kph,maybe. Also,regarding the Lanc not being armed heavily enough to fly nuclear missions, the Silverplate B-29s that dropped the nukes only carried tail guns, all other positions were eliminated.And what would these swarms of fantasy fighters have run on, cabbage juice? The Luftwaffe had hundreds of fighters that never got a gallon of gas amongst them. That's called strategic warfare, kiddies!
im pretty sure the germans would care about their new wunderwaffen enough to give them as much gas as possible ;) ol' adolf had quite a thing for new tech (GOOD tech i might add!) so poo on you! i WILL fight for the reich!!! (partisan style of course, my being dutch and all)

this goes back to the conversation, which allied aircraft would have dropped the A-bomb on germany, i think it would be the lancaster..................

I do not think it would be necessary to drop any atomic weapons on Germany as the ground forces from both sides made it all the way to Berlin and all the German airforce bases would have been over run by the troops on their way to Berlin. Where would the Germans base their fighters ? If the ground fire was enough to bring down 3 Arados on their bombing missions what chance would the other airplanes have . The US Army had 90 mm antiaircraft gun mounts and their fire was radar controlled. Both sides armies also did a darn good job bringing down fighter aircraft.

Anonymous said:
yes. it WILL win the war. cos it was the fastest plane then, and the top dog fighting plane. Problem is, Hitler insisted on converting it to a bomber, which is impossible.
Note: After the war, Allies literally stripped the Me262s to pieces to aquire its jet technology. Cheapskate Allies!
dope how come the first brittish jet flu in ww2
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

The British Meteor did fly, but that doesn't mean it was good. The Allies took many Germans advances, the Rocket for example, the Americans had Rockets on the drawing boards but they were poor, they flew but no where near as far, as high or as accurate as the German V-2. American rocket flew, why did they take the German one? BECAUSE IT WAS BETTER!

Hitler was a confused person, his out look on things changed a lot, he like technology to a point. They had the V-2 in development in 1940, and Hitler ordered its cancellation because he thought that because they didn't need it to take Europe they wouldn't need it at all 'a needless luxury'. Von Braun carried on with it anyway, and by 1945 had the worlds first Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile on the drawing boards, capable of hitting New York, Oh America, how lucky you were.

didja know that one vote saved america from speaking german? it was a vote to see what language the new country would use! english won by ONE vote!!!

the lancaster kicks ass said:
this goes back to the conversation, which allied aircraft would have dropped the A-bomb on germany, i think it would be the lancaster..................
only cos it carried a bigger payload than the b-17 it ended up bing the super fortress

Users who are viewing this thread

Back