Me-262

Could the Me-262 have won the war for the Axis?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bronzewhaler82 said:
the lancaster kicks ass said:
her, if it wasn't for hitler being a "wanker", we would all be speaking german now..................

*cough* bollocks! *cough*

it's true, if he hadn't told his airforce to stop attacking airfeilds, he would have destroyed the RAF and whould have invaded, and it wouldn't take them long to hop the pond....................

Common thought, but you can never be sure. We still had those, although exhausted 300,000 British troops ready, not mention a lot of fresh faces not including 'Dads Army'. The Royal Navy was still the most powerful, 168 Ships, including subs which still blockaded the North Sea, throughout the war.
Would have been quick to mine the Channel, even more than the Germans did in 1939 - 1940. And even then, with experiences the Allies encountered in 1944 it wouldn't have been a walk in the park. Also, Hitler, nor the Nazis had any plan for making us speak German.

Also, Churchill had prepared the most well organised resistance movement had we been taken, better than the French, Norweigan and Polish.

Would have been quick to mine the Channel
yes you would be, but those mines wouldnt stop an air armada of Me321's now would they?
Also, Hitler, nor the Nazis had any plan for making us speak German

true, he had no intention of destroying you guys or changing your lifestyle very much (excluding the fact of you guys being under a dictatorial government if it happened, but most even under Hitler, most French people just went on living, some even thought it was a change for the better to be under the nazis) at all, just ruling over you, as you can see the czechs never spoke german, and they were taken over (without a fight i may add) in 1938!

Now, now the Czechs had no support, there was no point in them fighting when they knew they would never win. Chamberlain...<ahem> get off your ass and do something....

And you think paratroopers would have been able to take Britain? Crete 1941, paratroopers took it with 25% losses, that's a big load of people to lose.

The German idea was to move across with paratroopers but the main force and deciding factor would be their tanks. Without them, the paratroopers would be destroyed by the Armour we had at home.

since when was japan in germany, is there something our geography teacher isn't telling us................

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i am a snake

cheddar cheese said:
lol we was discusing which plane would drap an a-bomb on germany, not which plane actually dropped one on japan :D
what does lol mean

the bomb would go through the plane wouldnt it? anyway, the bombardier would have to block the pilots view by sitting on top of the cockpit, and then he wouldnt be able to reach the bomb release button!! plus, the bomb would INDEED go through the plane and rip it in half!

one of the minor problems with the ME 262 is that it could only reach a top speed of mach 0.7. now that might not be a problem but the wings also weren't swept back, and that can easly lead to loss of control for the pilots. but hey it still was a damn fine plane

the lancaster kicks ass said:
or they could relese the bomb upside down, then turn over................
it would rip a wing off so how about they "drap" it sideways or just drop it because if the "drapped" it upside down and flipped, it would maybe rip the wings off from stress or the wing would get ripped off by the bomb

The Me262 was reported to break the sound barrier, Dan. If you've noticed the record achieved by the Bell X-1 is breaking the sound barrier on level flight because the evidence does point toward Me262s breaking the barrier in a power dive. And not falling apart, although there are reports of them mysteriously falling apart...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back