Messerschmidt 110 C-1 Markings Camouflage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MTee

Recruit
Apr 4, 2008
I have a set of Decals I want to use with the Eduard Me 110 C Kit. The Manufacturer states that it is a Me 110 C-1 from I. (SJ) LG 1 with the lettering 4M+DB (D in white) and a big wolve's head on both cowling sides. Unfortunately, no colours or timeframe are mentioned; has anybody an idea, when and where this machine flew, or even has a picture/painting of it? Thanks for your help!

Close but not close enough? This is a BF 110 E-1 OCU (number unknown) Luftwaffe, Deblin-Irena, Poland, 1942 with a large wolf's head painted on the nose and 4M unit code. The caption describes it as a fighter-bomber version "carrying a standard Hellblau under surface colouring with probably Schwarzgrun Dunkelgrun over the top surface."

This profile come from Squadron Signal Publication, Bf-110 Zerstörer.
Unit is LG1, there's a wolf head, but coded I1+DY.

080702063309106202237146.jpg

On the beginning of this part of the forum take a look at page 3 from the thread (sticky) "Lufwaffe aircrafts camouflages and markings", or something like that.
You will see this : 4M+ Erg.Z.Gr. (Replacement Group), later I./152nd Assault Wing)
Does it help you ?

Time period would most likely have been 1940-41.
Colours would have been RLM 70 black Green/RLM 71 Dark Green Uppersurface splinter camo with RLM 65 Light Blue lower surfaces.
Hope this helps...

This afternoon I found this in my archives.
From Schiffer Military History Books Publications - Bf-110 in colour profile 1939to 1945.
080704081743106202242804.jpg

Make me think I've probably done a mistake with the first I've posted, Code may be L1+DY instead of I1+DY ... no ?
There was a photo with the profile but the contrast is too high to be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back