Messerschmitt Bf-110G-4, 7./NJG-6, Hauptmann Wilhelm Johnen

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Next Bf-110G-4 - SN-2 and two-wireless antenna:
58-3.jpg

Yep, I agree. But all those aircraft seen without the centrally-placed, smaller SN2 radar antenna, only had the radio wire antenna on the starboard side, a difference notable in the G-2 and early G-4.
I had actually started to fit this to my model, when I was informed, by a very reliable source, that it shouldn't be there, and a further search of photographs of aircraft with only the larger 'antlers', confirmed this, and I did actually spend a lot of time researching the details.
Please understand, I'm not being critical, just pointing out that the antenna fit apparently was different, depending on radar fitted. If photo evidence of your actual subject shows the second wire, fine.
But whatever, it's still a very impressive model !

It was, in fact, John who put me right!
And when I looked properly at one of his '110 books, sure enough, there were the photos, profiles and detailed scale drawings, showing the differences.

Very nicely done. I remember when building my G-4 I found it difficult to find out which way was correct for both the antenna wire (one or two) and the dipole settings - verticle versus diagonal, the latter of which seems to have come about mid 1944. I ended up with two antenna wires and verticle dipoles to depict Feb 1944. I think it should have been only one wire though which others helped me on in feedback plus I didn't have a John Vasco book to hand at the time (so will have to look out for one somewhere online for when I come to this aircraft again).

That's a nice model - lots of work/incredible detail put into that! I'm currently working on a 1/72 BF110 G-2 - amazing aircraft. Thanks for sharing.

Jeez...that's great work! Bravo on the perfect details. Makes the one I'm currently working already seem worthless..thank you for sharing the photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back