Messerschmitt Iron Cross Pilots Officers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very interesting pics by the way... Like the one with the mixed bunch of erla canopy and standard canopy equiped Bf-109s

Hey - that last 109 is the Smithsonian's at post restoration rollout at Silver Hill. Note the very rare stubby landing gear for shorter pilots . . . :confused:

What I . . . dislike . . . seeing at museums are flat struts and (while I'm at it) improperly pitched blades - sometimes they're even unevenly pitched. :mad: Someone goes to all the effort to restore (at some level) an airplane and then they don't even pitch and install the prop correctly. :rolleyes:

But I'm zooming away on a tangent . . . :|

Hi guys,
I just registered and found this forum's website with very famous pictures of our bulgarian pilots and A/Cs-some of them unknown to me and some with my father on them (fighter pilot St.Stoyanov )Thank you very much to all of you.
Vesselin Stoyanov

When it comes to markings, I personally like the pre-war ones. Vstoyanov, on which photo is your father?

Excellent stuff...

The B-17 is neither an 'E' nor an 'F'... 'tis a B-17G, serial number 42-31329 from
the 334th BS, 95th BG. This ship was lost on March 16th, 1944 during a mission
to Augsburg. I have yet to come across any particulars as to why she was lost,
but five of the crew bailed out over Germany and were taken prisoner. The
remaining five stuck with the ship until she came down in Switzerland... they
were interned.

More images of this Fort can be found HERE...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back