eBay: Messerschmitt Me110 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

me110_166.jpg
me110_167.jpg

Great pics !
First shot in post #146 looks like they're filling the oxygen tanks.

I think that's the 24v electrical connection we're seeing there. The little power supply cart is not one I'm familiar with though.The oxygen filler would have been higher up and slightly further back, roughly in line with the centre of the panel visible behind and below the electrical connection. To reach the input for the oxygen system a little hatch needed to be opened, and I don't see that.The flip cover for the 24v supply was much smaller.
I can't see the oxygen filler hatch in the image and can't remember off the top of my head if it was moved on some later variants (I don't think so, it's there on the G at Hendon).
Cheers
Steve

panels_both_zpsqgmibfov.gif

O2_zpsbrxcekgf.gif

Last edited:
You're quite right Steve.
The 'power cart' is a different design to what I'd expect to see, which made me think it was an oxygen cart. But then, there aren't any oxy bottles on show, and the 'hose' is a bit 'thin' too !

Post #144 is Interesting in that the camo on the port wing looks far more wavy than is commonly associated with Luftwaffe splinter patterns.
I've come across some examples where the "splinter" pattern had soft curves instead of the sharp angular pattern...it may have been a hasty job in the field in preparation for an operation or who knows, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back