messerschmitt109 (dot) com website

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wheelsup_cavu

1st Sergeant
Internet Archive version of the messerschmitt109(dot)com website: messerschmitt109.com

The messerschmitt109(dot)com website, created by Philippe Osché?, has been offline for a few years, around 2015 it seems, but I can not believe all of its information has been lost from the live web. Too much is just copy and pasted wholesale. I am hoping to find a couple of images and if all goes well a live version of the site.

Even with the captions and the aircraft code I am not finding anything that seems to match. Plus the website did look to be a nice one. Would be a shame if all that was left is the remnants at the Internet Archive.

Internet Archive page for this image: Les Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3
Code:
Original Image link: http://www.messerschmitt109.com/suisse/9.jpg

Caption under image:
Le Me 109 E-3 codé J-311 Wk.Nr. 2159. Bien qu'étant le premier dans l'ordre chronologique des 80 Bf 109 E-3 achetés par la Suisse, il ne fut livré que le 5 juillet 1939 devenant ainsi le dernier des trente avions de la première série posé sur le sol helvétique.

Google Translation:
The Me 109 E-3 coded J-311 Wk.Nr. 2159. Although it was the first in chronological order of the 80 Bf 109 E-3s purchased by Switzerland, it was not delivered until 5 July 1939, becoming the last of the thirty aircraft of the first series on Swiss soil.

Internet Archive page for this image: Les Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3
Code:
Original Image link: http://www.messerschmitt109.com/suisse/14.jpg

Caption under image:
Le J-371 Wk.Nr. 2352 à Interlaken arbore un essai de bandes de neutralité qui ne fut pas retenu à cause de sa trop grande similitude avec les bandes d'invasion alliées en été 1944.

Google Translation:
The J-371 Wk.Nr. 2352 in Interlaken sports a test of neutrality bands that was not retained because of its too great similarity with the Allied invasion bands in the summer of 1944.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back