MID-AIR!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What is holding that tail on?

Remember this one?

0EB0DA8B-7126-43BB-B6E4-C61BD8913D36.jpeg
C3AF15DC-8FBB-491F-ACA8-427F28014D4A.jpeg
D86D22C6-BBE7-418F-9B95-7B114B259DC3.jpeg

Clear blue days are the most likely times for a general aviation mid-air. Too much to see and distract you.
I learned to fly in Southern California in the 70's - onve you got above the marine layer and/or smog, the skies were clear blue, especially in winter.
Add to that, the profound air traffic in the region (civil, commercial and military) and you had better look like a bobble-head doll :lol:

I learned to fly in Southern California in the 70's - onve you got above the marine layer and/or smog, the skies were clear blue, especially in winter.
Add to that, the profound air traffic in the region (civil, commercial and military) and you had better look like a bobble-head doll :lol:

I learned to fly up in Iowa. Beautiful winter weather flying. When I lived in coastal Louisiana always had the risk of mid-airs with the offshore helicopters coming and going to the Gulf of Mexico. Fortunately because of my job, I knew the most congested times and avoided flying during that time.

I'd be pissed! I'll bet they lost the luggage!

"Add to that, the profound air traffic in the region (civil, commercial and military) and you had better look like a bobble-head doll."

Flying in the practice area off of Palos Verdes in the early 80's, I occasionally felt like I was in an airshow.

I'd be pissed! I'll bet they lost the luggage!

"Add to that, the profound air traffic in the region (civil, commercial and military) and you had better look like a bobble-head doll."

Flying in the practice area off of Palos Verdes in the early 80's, I occasionally felt like I was in an airshow.

It was flying cargo or being repositioned from what I understand, hence one pilot.

I recall one late one evening I was on a Metro III commuter flight into Santa Maria. The passengers, all men, were standing at the (outside) baggage claim, all no doubt wondering, as was I, why it was taking so damn long to get our bags delivered the short distance from the airplane.

And then, finally, the baggage cart arrived, driven by a little young lady - with one arm in a sling. There were red faces all around as we climbed over the low barrier and got our bags off the cart.

Remember this one?
Aloha 243, it's kind of amazing that the aircraft's nose didn't snap off -- from what I remember, the forward fuselage was largely holding together from the floor-beams.

I had a relative (his name was Clyde) who was on that flight (I actually considered contacting him as part of the essay in English 101: We had to write a subject or event that connected to us -- the professor was clear that she didn't want to hear any bullshit -- and yes, she did say bullshit, about our views on the death penalty unless we had a relative on death row. I eventually decided to do my essay on Asperger syndrome -- which connects to me directly -- I have it).

Ah, yes. The short-lived 737 Cabriolet - they didn't sell well, and were discontinued after just one example was produced ............
I personally was more fond of "The Aloha Convertible", myself ;)

Remember this one?

When I was working as a contractor in the big hangar for narrow-body maintenance, we did regular inspections for corrosion on our 737 Classics following that incident. I remember seeing some real heavy-duty corrosion removal work going on around the roof of one of our 737s. Don't remember the rego, but the airline got A320s with even worse corrosion issues, even though they were new aircraft. French ali is rubbish.

NTSB Preliminary Report released.

" A review of preliminary air traffic control (ATC) communications and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) data provided by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) revealed that, N416DJ was performing a right-hand traffic pattern for runway 17R at APA, and N280KL was on final approach for runway 17L at APA, when the collision occurred. Both airplanes were in communication with air traffic control during their respective approaches to the airport. "

Don'cha just love parallel runways?

Attachments

• Report_CEN21FA215_103073_5_24_2021-3_19_37-PM.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 22
NTSB Preliminary Report released.

" A review of preliminary air traffic control (ATC) communications and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) data provided by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) revealed that, N416DJ was performing a right-hand traffic pattern for runway 17R at APA, and N280KL was on final approach for runway 17L at APA, when the collision occurred. Both airplanes were in communication with air traffic control during their respective approaches to the airport. "

Don'cha just love parallel runways?

Overshot the turn to align on the runway. I think the "preliminary report" speaks for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back