MID-AIR!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
About 10 miles south of me, I've flown in the area many times! Thank god everyone is OK!

1620848094130.png

1620848134679.png

Great news on the outcome. I couldn't find a flight plan of either on the Flightradar 24 App though I have the free version and may not be entitled to it

New Key Lime Air slogan: Forget sleet, snow, fog or kamikaze, we will get you there in time. And we have the pictures to prove it.

I would fly with them. No questions about that. Point proven. Holy crap.

Is this a situation where the Lime Air pilot did a commendable job but would be in hot water for just having been there?

Lucky the Cirrus had its chute. Could have been a lot worse otherwise.

Back when I was working as an A&P turning wrenches, we had a Cirrus pilot declare an emergency at our airport. He said he engine troubles. We brought him into our hangar, and he began to tell us about what he was experiencing.

Afterwards I told him he could have spared himself the hassle of declaring an emergency, because there is no such thing as an emergency in a Cirrus. The plane is equipped with an emergency parachute right?

He did not see the humor in my joke...

A few things;

From what I've heard so far, the pilot in the Key Lime aircraft didn't know he had a mid air, he did lose an engine and thought that was his only issue.

When you pull the ballistic chute on an SR20 or SR22, the fuselage is toast, IIRC I think you can salvage the wings. The seat is frangible like a helicopter seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back