MiG-21PFM, c/n 94A6913, s/n 6913 of the Polish Air Force....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MiG-21PF and PFM.jpg

MiG-21PF and PFM b.jpg

MiG-21PF and PFM plus decals.jpg

The PF has the grey interior, while the PFM has that weird, greenish colour...wonder if you can get the PFM in grey as well....

Jan, we have already been talking about the cockpit colour. Both the PF and PFM MiGs for the PAF had the grey paint there initially. The turquoise coat appeared with the MF variant. The PFMs got the colour for cockpit later during overhauling. The 6913 was sent for renovation in 1976 and got the overhaul in 1988/1989. As a result the cockpit interior could have been painted with the Russian Blue Green coat in 70' at the earliest. In other words , at the earlier stage of her servicing the cockpit interior was of the grey.

Aye, that's what I meant, if it's possible to get the PFM cockpit in grey, instead for the later blue-green, so that I can do the 6913 early in her life, as in '69, as I won't use that P/E set, which is after she was refurbished... :D

Sounds good. Also please check on flaps. The 6913 was the SPS kite. So there were the SPS hatches on the fuselage sides and the late type of the flaps.

Cheers Wojtek, I'll check...

Btw, was there any difference between the PF and PFM MiG-21, regarding instruments and switches, radar screen etc., in the cockpit?

Contrary to the PF version the PFM got a couple of new or modified devices. Here you are the main ones.

The new ejection seat KM-1.
The modified dating radar RP-21M Sapfir.
The gunsight ASP-PF-21.
The oxegen system for a pilot KKO.
The radio altimeter RW-UM.
The radio set UKF R-802W (RSIU-5W).
The IFF Chrom-Nikiel.
The ADF ARK-10.
The SSR SOD-57M.

PFM cockpit ... ?????? ???-21??? ? MiG-21PFM cockpit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back