MIG Acrylic Paints

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hello everybody, I purchased some MIG paints and they look very good, but I have a question, do you know if they can be mixed with Tamiya paints? Many tanks in advance. Alberto

I have no direct experience but as paint mixtures are propitiatory to each manufacturer I would do my own testing to be sure. The same with thinners I make it a rule to thin my paints only with that manufacturer's brand name thinner

I have no direct experience but as paint mixtures are propitiatory to each manufacturer I would do my own testing to be sure. The same with thinners I make it a rule to thin my paints only with that manufacturer's brand name thinner
Hi, many thanks for your answer. In facts I just need to darken a bit a light grey color made by MIG and I only have a black color from Tamiya. Both seems to be alcool based, so it should work, but I will do some tests first.

Tamiya is alcohol based, so it's good you didn't try to mix the MIG with the Tamiya.

Should still work, although of course test first.
I don't use acrylics much, but I have thinned both water-based and alcohol based acrylics with water, and with IPA, and have successfully mixed different brands, for example, mixed Vallejo with Tamiya, and Tamiya with Revell.
I must add that these have only been for small amounts - for anything serious, I use real paint ........ enamels !!

Users who are viewing this thread