Military hand to hand fighting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A good reference for hand-to-hand that is taught to the British an Americans is "Get Tough" by Capt. W. E. Fairbairn. It was written in 1942 and many of the things in that book are still in use today. I was handed a copy of the book a few years ago, after I got out of the AF, and recognized a lot of the info in there.

Fairbairn also was the man behind the Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife.

I will warn you that the methods taught are ruthless and deadly. To quote the Captain:

I will look up the book on the net and download it. Thanks

Not to worry about the ruthless part, does not bother me. I would feel very sorry for any home invader into my home. I would never attack anyone, unless they were threating my life or my families safety. But if they ever did.....I would use everything I have been trained in to hurt them very badly.

We were trained constantly in hand to hand... The bottom line was to disable and silence ur target as efficently and diligently as possible, most involving pressure points, throat and base of skull....

Those are the best ones. Throat, eyes, base of skull, nose, groin, I don't care how big you are those still hurt.

Nice knife Eric. Keep it forsure. Your son will love that one day to help remember his Dad and what he did for his country.

Yea, we thought so too... We had all his fruitsalad on top (He had a DSC), then all his medals under that, and the Fairbairn under that.... Had it done in Cherry Wood.... Really nice...

Cherry wood, very nice indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back