Minicraft 1/144 kits - have they changed?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Apr 22, 2016
High Bridge, NJ
Years ago I lived in a tiny flat and only had room to build 1/144th models. I accumulated a stash of pretty much everything that was available at the time, including all the old Crown/Revell, Mitsuwa, Arii, LS, Mikro, etc. It was tough finding things. Today it's an embarrassment of riches: all the Eduard, Zvedza, Sweet, etc. stuff is just amazing, albeit a bit expensive.
So, I still have a lot of the old stuff, much of which has been re released, and I'm digging in to build some, in some cases using the excellent old Microscale decal sheets.

For example, I'm working on the B-25. Out of the box it's pretty crude: the nacelles and props are just absurd, and it's taking a lot of work to them to look like a B-25!
Here's some progress:

144-models-underway.JPG

I haven't bought any of the Minicraft re-pops of the Crown stuff, so I'm wondering if the plastic is the same, just with new, better decals? Did they do any improvements? Is it worth buying the new versions, or will it be just as much work as filing down the props on the old Crown B-24?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back