Mitsubishi Raiden wing profile?

A relevant report: NACA TM-1351 "On the Design of Airfoils in Which the Transition of the Boundary Layer is Delayed"

And, from a AAF tech intelligence report:
View attachment 736094
Not exactly related, but this website has details on a different Japanese laminar flow airfoil; Tatsuo Hasegawa, Ki-94
 
Dear shinpachi, where is it table came from? Is it book or report from proffessor tani. I would like to read the full book or report
Attached is the original text of -
Calculation of a symmetrical airfoil with the lowest pressure position afterward
by Dr.Ichiro Tani and Dr.Chikanori Noda (Tokyo University 1940)
(最低壓力位置の後にある對稱翼型の計算 谷一郎・野田親則).

This text is not availabe in the internet anymore.
 

Attachments

No, it is not symmetrical. But they used symmetrical sections for wind tunnel tests, so it probably uses one of these symmetrical thickness distributions, wrapped around a camber line. It is mildly laminar flow at best, but still quite conservative.
 
As it happens, we have a J2M-3 Raiden at the Planes of Fame. I can't identify the airfoil. but I could probably do a thickness to chord measurement in the near future.
If I do, I'll do it near the root and near the tip.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back