Most beautiful ships....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
I've seen that we have a "Most beautiful planes" thread, how about a most beautiful ships thread? Which lassies has the lines and curves in all the right places? Which has the power to make your jaw hit the deck, to make your speach suddenly seem nothing but jibby jabba and rappakalja?

ANXBe.png

Last edited:
In 1920, an America's Cup race was cancelled because a wind of 23 knots was considered too dangerous for the racing yachts of the time, which were made fragile by the towering sails they carried. The fishermen of the New England and Maritime fleets considered this a disgrace and resolved to hold their own competition for men and ships who were ready and able to face the sea. The Halifax Herald newspaper donated a cup and established the rules for the contest, and in the years that followed, the International Fishermen's Trophy would become a source of considerable national pride as ships from the great fishing fleets of Gloucester, Massachusetts and Lunenburg, Nova Scotia vied for the title. From 1920 til 1938 the Bluenose from Nova Scotia never lost and now it graces the Canadian ten cent coin

Attachments

• 10cent.gif
    10cent.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 245
  • schooner.jpg
    schooner.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 235
Bismarck and Tirpitz as well as the Iowa class battleships are on my list as well. I would also add the Essex class aircraft carriers.

Attachments

• hornet.jpg
    hornet.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 248
Just the feeling of finding Titanic, Bismarck and Yorktown. It's more than enough to give you lump the size of basketball in your throat. Would love to tag along one of his trips....
I've got his Bismarck book.

Attachments

• Tirpitz2.JPG
    Tirpitz2.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 246
  • tirpitz3.JPG
    tirpitz3.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 238
  • tirpitz1.JPG
    tirpitz1.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 260
Bismark as Im building that ship at the moment,