MOST OVERRATED AIRCRAFT OF WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass said:
It was not until the build up of the USAAF had begun in the island when Spitfires showed any improvement

so now you're claiming it's the americans that made the spit the amazing plane it was, interesting :-k

Actually I think your reading it wrong. I believe what he's saying is the British had really starting improving on the Spitfire around the time the US started arriving.

So ... would you say that the removal of the ventral mount constituted the castration of the Lancaster?

I always thought she looked rather feminine. :)

Actually, that paints a rather interesting picture:

Momma Lancaster gives birth to her many explosive little bomblings. :)
Awwww, it gets ya right in the ol' heart! :cry:

DAVIDICUS said:
So ... would you say that the removal of the ventral mount constituted the castration of the Lancaster?

I always thought she looked rather feminine. :)

So does a Lancastrian count as a sex change? :Fade-color

Attachments

• avro_lancastrian_246.jpg
    avro_lancastrian_246.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 530
so now you're claiming it's the americans that made the spit the amazing plane it was, interesting :-k

Heinkel designed the Spit's elliptical wings, so the Spit is really half German ! :D ;)

Soren said:

Heinkel designed the Spit's elliptical wings, so the Spit is really half German ! :D ;)

IT THAT LIKE THIS?

Attachments

• sethgreen_164.jpg
    sethgreen_164.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 475
  • vernetroyer_202.jpg
    vernetroyer_202.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 473
Soren said:

I never actually knew that, but it does make sense as the He-112 had elliptical wings and was designed somewhat earlier than the Spit 8)

HEINKEL%20HE-112.GIF

My understanding is their was no connection between the He112 and the Spitfire. Supposedly R.J. Mitchell pretty much freehanded the eliptical shape, inspired by

478b.jpg

rather than by applying any real math or science to it.

=S=

Lunatic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back