Most Unattractive Aircraft of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRT_EHsopYDmmpYiaxv_8KvIyV6Dv_xhDnfDuuXPbE2aHhUzGdE&usqp=CAU.jpg

Salmson 9 AD on a Taylor E-2 Cub, used a a variety of light planes in around 1930, it was an elegant and smooth but expensive way to get 40hp.

Suggesting that the Hurricane is unattractive might get you banned or at the very least flogged by Lucky's 800 pound Aunt Hildegaard.

Being a (British) war icon doesn't take away any of its ugliness. That's really the only reason its aesthetics are hold dear. Agree?

Same with the Lancaster.

Being a (British) war icon doesn't take away any of its ugliness. That's really the only reason its aesthetics are hold dear. Agree?

Same with the Lancaster.

Strongly disagree. The Hurricane isn't a pretty aeroplane, at least not in the way a Spitfire is pretty. However, it's anything but ugly. Purposeful? Yes. Pugnacious? Yes. Charismatic? Yes. Ugly? Definitely not!!!!

I don't think the Lancaster is ugly either. I'd place it second to the B-17 in the looks department when compared to all other WW2 4-engined heavy bombers.

No.
Google

Major Howdy Bixby's Album of Forgotten Warbirds

for more humorous pictures and stories/captions.
I've been trying to find that issue of the National Lampoon for quite a while. I just couldn't remember the title of that article. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back