MP5 vs. Uzi/Micro Uzi (1 Viewer)

MP5 vs. Uzi/Micro Uzi

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I used to work at an indoor shooting range. We had a couple of Uzis to rent, as well as pistols, so I shot them quite a bit, just for giggles. They are a lot of fun to shoot, but outclassed badly by the MP-5s. I have a couple of buddies with HKs, one is suppressed, the other isn't. Both are quite easy to shoot well, but then again, I don't have any trouble controlling Thompsons, either. Heck, I like them all.
Uzis are surprisingly well made, for what they are, as nice as the Ingrams, for example, are NOT. My boss had a Class Three Manufacturer's license, so he also "made" (converted) semi-auto Uzis to full-auto configurations. Guess who got to test fire them? He also sold lots of other Class Three stuff, he had, in inventory, a couple of M1A1 Thompsons, a bunch of Uzis, and a good assortment of other neat toys. It was a fun job while it lasted.
I also shot a lot of full-auto stuff in the Army, way back when.

its a Belgium made weapon

Attachments

• fn_p90_1.jpg
    fn_p90_1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 99
The FN P90 is a great weapon, and in terms of use I'd actually rate it higher than the MP5. The MP5 is the king of SMG's, there's no argueing that, but as I've said before the classic SMG has neared the end of reign as the best close combat weapon.

As for the FN P90's stopping power, I'm confident it's more than adequate seeing how it does a lot of tissue damage to anyone unfortunate enough to get hit by it.

Last edited:
The P90 and it's military round was designed to penetrate armour. Tissue damage was a secondary consideration.

I would buy a P90 over an MP5 in a heartbeat. But then you are stuck with civilian rounds that are actually rather anemic without the armour penetration capabilities. The round is inherently limited by the cartridge case size and bullet diameter. But the coolness factor is pegged at 100%.

Superb looking SMG. And the ammo (.45 ACP mostly ) is something to stand against :shock:

Matt308 said:
The P90 and it's military round was designed to penetrate armour. Tissue damage was a secondary consideration.

True, but it still does a great deal of tissue damage, and quite simply because it's going so extremely fast plus the fact that it tumbles and breaks up upon entering the body.

The 23gr bullet goes fast. The 40gr... not so much.

And keep in mind. A 23gr bullet is half the mass of a .22LR bullet. So don't make this something that it is not.

The 23gr bullet goes fast. The 40gr... not so much.

And keep in mind. A 23gr bullet is half the mass of a .22LR bullet. So don't make this something that it is not.

Hehe, I'm not exaggerating here Matt. The mass matters little if the velocity is high enough, and the 5.7x28mm's destructive capabilities has been very well tested and found significant. The 5.7x28mm SS190 projectile weighes 32 gr btw, not 23.

Even a round as small as the .17 HMR is very destructive for its size because of the very high velocity of this round, squirrels litterally explode being hit by one. This round is however for once too small to be effective against humans.

Hehe, I'm not exaggerating here Matt. The mass matters little if the velocity is high enough, and the 5.7x28mm's destructive capabilities has been very well tested and found significant. The 5.7x28mm SS190 projectile weighes 32 gr btw, not 23.

Even a round as small as the .17 HMR is very destructive for its size because of the very high velocity of this round, squirrels litterally explode being hit by one. This round is however for once too small to be effective against humans.

Look Soren. I'm not going to debate with you. As I said the PS90 is limited by cartridge size and bullet diameter.

The SS190 round you quote is restricted to military/law enforcement only. C'mon.

I'm not going to get into an argument that a .17HMR can't "kill" somebody. Hells bells man, an .22LR is deadly.

Matt all I'm saying is that the 5.7x28mm is more effective than the 9x19mm Parabellum. That's it, I'm not trying to start an argument here.

And as for the .17 HMR, it can easily kill a man no problem, like you said a .22 LR can kill a man. But both wont penetrate much and thus can't be considered effective for either police or military work.

PS: There are three projectiles available for the P90, a 32 gr FMJ AP, 35 gr JHP a 40 gr JHP. The FMJ AP is only available for military police.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back