The various responses to the Japanese occupations were a mixed bag. Some 30,000 Indians enlisted on Japan's side for the war, as did many Indonesians as well. Thailand is fairly rated an accomplice. Korea had been a vassal state for decades, and China had not only the depredations of the 30s but the humiliation of 1895 to remember.
I would imagine that parties or groups inside each individual conquered state or colony had different views, as well.
I believe that one reason the British had difficulties in retaking Southeast Asia (insofar as they did so incompletely) is that many of the locals did not have pleasant memories being part of the Empire, and saw no reason to risk life and limb for imperial squabbles decided in London and Tokyo. As the Who later sang, the thought of "Meet the new boss / same as the old boss" probably had a bit of traction in that theater.
The Koreans and Chinese obviously hold to their legitimate grievances to this day. The Vietnamese and Indonesians just wanted to be left the Hell alone, though both took advantage of the power vacuum after the war to fight for and gain their independences. The tensions nowadays don't seem so obvious to me, but I'm not well-read on current opinions in those nations.
It's not clear-cut and I see little value in thinking this is an either/or question.