Multiple upload images

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
With the new forum software, I lost the possibility to upload multiple images at one time. If I want to do that now, I have to click the 'Upload a file' link multiple times having a simple one-file upload screen.
I fully realize this can be my setup. I'm an out-of-the-ordinary user, using linux which I fully configure myself.

So my question: is the forum using flash for multi-uploading? I have not installed Flash for the obvious reasons, but will Flash provide me a multi-uploading feature? And if so, are there plans to confirm to the new HTML5 standard, s we can get rid of the dirty Flash?
My browsers are Firefox, always the newest version and Chromium, the opensource version of Google Chrome.

Geo is right there is the limit 10 at the number of images per a post.

Okay found it. The upload definitely uses flash for multiple upload. I installed the pepperflash plugin for chromium and then looked at the preferences. You can select the flash uploader there and now I could select multiple files. Pitty it requires flash but it will do for now. Thanks.

Glad you got it sotrted out. :thumbright:

Also I would like to pay the attention of all of you to that the problem was caused by a lack of a component of the OS. It is quite typical for most of issues we can encounter at the forum. Therefore I would suggest checking on your own software firstly before claiming this might be the "fault" of the forum soft.

However who takes care of this....

Also I would like to pay the attention of all of you to that the problem was caused by a lack of a component of the OS. It is quite typical for most of issues we can encounter at the forum. Therefore I would suggest checking on your own software firstly before claiming this might be the "fault" of the forum soft.
But it also a problem with the forum software, using Flash of which even Adobe itself is moving away. Hopefully with the next update we can fully move to html5.

I don't think that using of the Flash soft is the forum problem. Just it's the coder's idea while the forum soft was creating. We can do nothing about that, unless thare is the setting for a such alternative soft provided. I would say many people use the Adobe software what is more common that the using of the Linux for instance.

I don't think that using of the Flash soft is the forum problem. Just it's the coder's idea while the forum soft was creating. We can do nothing about that, unless thare is the setting for a such alternative soft provided. I would say many people use the Adobe software what is more common that the using of the Linux for instance.
No, it is not something you can do about for now, that I know. But it is something to keep an eye on.

Flash is loosing momentum. Apple never supported it, Adobe pulled the plug on flash on Android and Linux. In Windows the implementation is buggy and insecrue as Adobe has admitted and therfore 'not preferred' in Microsoft's guidelines. On my wife's win7 laptop, flash kept crashing the browser. Last year Firefox disabled flash support for some time because of ungoing security problems.
2 years ago, I had to hack flash into Linux to be able to browse, now I only miss it on this forum. Luckily Chrome comes with it's own flash-implementation, regardeless of OS, so for now, this works. Until google pulls the plug as well of course.

Yep. To be honest I miss that time the software was of the machine code. The base was stil the same and any changing didn't influence the main part of code. Usually all was working nicely unless the HDD got damaged.

I feel your pain. I'm now developing web software with machine-based code and client code. The webpage is almost standalone a mobile app. So two codebases (python on the server and javascript on the client) all asynchronous of course and debugging is hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back