MV-22 Osprey

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MV-22s are back up flying - been flying for several days already. Decent article in the Jan issue of Military Officers Assoc of America on the Osprey.

Marine Commandant, General James Conway quoted as saying:

"It is my fervent desire to get the V-22 in the fight as soon as we can, and that is probably going to be this year. I think it's going to prove itself rapidly. There is going to be a crash. That's what airplanes do over time. We're going to have to accept that when it happens. We'll hear some folks who are not fans of the program rise up."

AvWeek March 19, 2007

The 3rd MV-22 squadron - VMM-266 was just stood up officially yesterday. From here on out they plan on converting two HMM squadrons to the Osprey a year.

God Speed mkloby. God Speed.

At least someone in the military brass has the same metallic balls to call it like it is. Just hope that his statement is only an incident and not an accident.

God Speed mkloby. God Speed.

At least someone in the military brass has the same metallic balls to call it like it is. Just hope that his statement is only an incident and not an accident.

As long as A/C take to the sky, there will be mishaps. That will never change. The MV-22 has not endured the same number of troubles as some other very successful fleet A/C. I can't wait to get behind the stick of one.

Yeap good luck!

I think she will turn into a great aircraft and great design. She just needs some more time in my opinion. Having said that now is better than never to start fielding them.

The first MV-22 Osprey squadron - VMM-263 "Thunder Chickens" deployed to Iraq last week. Hopefully this will be the first of many successful MV-22 deployments.

I don't know if anyone caught the recent article in that terrible magazine TIME - they hammered the Osprey in it. Not to mention - the guy that wrote the article was a moron with no idea of how the military works or regarding aviation in general.

I know you can't wait to get into the right seat of the Osprey, Matt. Just
take it easy. You still have four more helo flights to do, first.

Best of everything...

Charles

Good article in the last issue of Smithsonian Air Space Mag; I guess the Osprey is classified by the FAA as being neither rotary wing, nor fixed wing, it's in a class of it's own (so far). They say fixed-wing training is actually more applicable than rotary-wing training.

Here are some crappy pics from my cell phone of the Osprey - getting some more from the digital camera in a couple days.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00002.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00003.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 60
I've seen several flying over my campus, my friends thought I was going into a seizure. Seeing it fly over front-tilt was really cool. I've never heard anything like it, it's just sort of a "whooooosh" sound.

I saw another Osprey again today. Does anyone know why they would have a prolonged stay in my neck of the woods in College Station, TX? We're sort of close-ish to Fort Hood but not close enough to constantly see flyovers. Mkloby, do you have any idea? There can't be that many out there and I'm wondering why one has been staying here.

Matt may be right - could be a cross country... could be going down to Corpus to show the flight studs... I'd probably side w/ Matt, though.

Here are some more pics from the other day.

Attachments

• 100_1291a.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_1289a.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 48
  • V-22a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread