My Favorite WWII Aircraft Wallpapers, by lesofprimus.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From what I know the B-36 Peacemaker was a heavy bomber intended to replace the B-29 as a heavy bomber. One things for sure. I would hate to be on the receiving end of that bomb-load as Japan. The bombing site wouldn't exactly look good after this plane had done its carpet bombing of a city. It actually flew in the Cold War, as a nuclear bomber/heavy bomber of the Americans. I have all sorts of images of it I should post at some stage.

the B-36 was never really intended to bomb japan, from the outset it was designed as an inter-continetal bomber to hit germany from america, it was later used during the cold war...................

and it was the hilifax crews that dubbed it the "halibag", and you can't argue with them.............

Here are some B-36 pics that I have.

Attachments

• b36.jpg
    b36.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,100
  • b-36j.jpg
    b-36j.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,098
  • b36worudder.jpg
    b36worudder.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,098
I don't know the story with the missing rudder, but that must have been fun. That rudder is humungous, so I would imagine that it would feel a little strange to fly it that way. Someone sent me the picture with no story. Looks like a pretty clean break off. Wish I knew...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back