My new Car...tell me what you think

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Never had a tranny break on a Jeep and we have owned 4. The one I am driving right now is 12 years old and the tranny is great.

well soarers have a fairly strong driveline and if they do go bang they are fairly inexpensive to fix! The manual gbox sells for $1500 AUS a pop so im gladm a bought an auto....my only concer for the engine is turbocharger failure but hopefullly warm up and warm down procedures will help reduce that efffect!

After owning for a month I am delighted with peformance and can gladly claim that it has enough tpower to get me out of trouble..and in trouble!! I have had no issues as of yet!

Headline news!

Newly formed Russian Trabant NASCAR team beats the 700 HP American Fords, Chevys Dodge stock cars! The 26 HP Trabants took the prize screaming over the finish line at a hairy 30 mph! For some odd reason all the American cars crashed before the end of the race.. some blame it on the bad oil spill caused by the Russian cars, others blame it on their loosely fitting rim covers flying around... The Russians say the Americans are just jealous.

Nice mate however can you legally drive with turbos on your car?

oh and " my fully sick torana has you covered bro " :lol: :lol: :D

But then Nova wouldn't sell well in Mexico, would it?! (No Va= Doesn't go in Spanish, for you non-spanish speaking folks)

That's actually an often quoted urban legend. "Nova" doesnt mean NO GO in Spanish any more then "Notable" meas No table in english.

Nova Gas is actually a large gasoline conglomerate in Mexico...
The Legend of the Chevy Nova That Wouldn't Go

Chevrolet's woes are often cited as an example of how good intentions can go wrong when it comes to translation. There are literally thousands of references to the incident on the Internet, and the Nova example has been mentioned in textbooks and often comes up during presentations on cultural differences and advertising.

But there's one major problem with the story: it never happened. As a matter of fact, Chevrolet did reasonably well with the Nova in Latin America, even exceeding its sales projections in Venezuela.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Nova Don't Go

"NOVA" is a celestial term with positive connotations. No literate spanish speaker woild confuse it with "No Go"

Nice mate however can you legally drive with turbos on your car?

oh and " my fully sick torana has you covered bro " :lol: :lol: :D

yeh, I can legally drive with the turbos in SA. In Vic and NSW I believe it would be illegal but we have no laws against it atm. They will come in soon I imagine! On that note the laws are BS and should be eradicated, youd have to be a retard to kill yourself in a Soarer....lot easier in many NA 4 cyclinder cars, coming from a guy who used to drive one!

You're right there, I could easily kill myself in a 2.0 litre 16V 180 BHP 206 GTi 180 - and not a turbo in sight. 0 - 60 in 7.1 seconds, 137 MPH top speed... it's suicide on wheels.

well Veyron is meh because its a supercar that I will never afford hahaha! My car has a speed limiter which kicks in at 180km/h, devastated...thats no where near what it will do!

The Veyron isn't real, it's a figment of our imagination. And the fact that it only produces the required horsepower at the time, it's probably quite safe for anyone aside from a complete knob. Unlike a GT500 which hands you 440 BHP no matter the time of day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back