My Oshkosh File 2021

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good shots Jeff!
That Hurricane was sweet. I love desert camo. I hope it is back at Oshkosh this year but if not when I travel to saskatchewan in August my son and I are taking a trip down to the Dakota Territory Air Museum where she is based.

Thanks for all your nice comments over the years!

Jeff

A question I wanted to ask from first photo ...

Why the codes on planes and codes you write, are different?

For example, refering to currently last post by you, #732 , the bottom plane, belonging to RCAF, has code 'DA003', but you wrote code 'NX146DK'.

All planes have to have a civilian registration. So the markings on the fuselage although corrected with the orginal military codes aren't the registation required by the aviation rules. The current registration is applied on a plane with a small font usually at a less visible place. In a case of the "DA-003" it can be found below the horizontal stabilizer. Regarding the jet aircraft above the registration was applied next to the 'NAVY" on its right side.

Thanks alot, dear Wurger.

If I understood it correctly, this 'NX' acts as 'EP' like in EP-HIM?

A prefix that indicates this plane belongs to non-military military planes, aka Warbirds, am I right?
Another question:

In the case of emergency, the controller addresses them by this 'NX' number? Or by the military registration codes???

The N designates a registration from the USA. The X means the aircraft is in a restricted category. If there is an NL it indicates that the aircraft is in the Limited category. You can google for more information as to what the different categories mean and what they allow. I am sure a few minutes mucking around the FAA website will have you screaming and smacking your forehead.

Cheers

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread