My R-4360 on the Trailer Build Up (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What oil have you been using in the 4360? And what oil pressure when cranking it?

Another question, in that last photo of the prop assembly, what are the little sparkly thingys in between the gear teeth? Could be just goofy picture stuff or there are metal particles there?

Last edited:
no its clean in there. its a weird picture. my photos are way to large to post as taken. i shrink them, email them to my self then post. its causes issues some times. as far as priming the engine, it usually takes about 3 gallons if its been sitting to reach 60 lbs at the nose pressure port.(top of engine behind the prop governer theres a port) im useing a moster of a pump right now. it take about 4 seconds to do it. so im watching closely. its a sand piper air driven pump. temporary for sure.

60 psi, with the prelube pump? I did the prelube and turn with starter deal the other day, its running like 35 to 40 psi with both, it was higher before the prelube system install? Just using the pressure gage and at normal gage port not nose case. Is it 60 while cranking it with the starter? What oil?

are you getting your 4360 running again? feel free to post up a video here. the more 4360s the better. im using shell oil for my preoiling and flushing. when im sure all is clean of preservative and ready to fire her up (spring 2011 in my goal) ill get aviation oil. its the cost$$ right now and its what i have in the shop. as you know this thing holds like 20 gallons in the case and sump and i have a 30 gallon dry sump tank.

What weight and what pressure does the engines oil pump make when you crank it?

Not running again yet, just hasn't been turned in a while. It turned nicely.

Can't use automotive oil, it will ruin the silver plating on the bearings, especially if it has the zinc additives.
Absolutly zero ZPPD allowed.
http://www.bentlytribology.com/publications/appnotes/app31.php
scroll down to silver.
This is all I could find quickly.

Last edited:
So what is new here, its been a long time since this one has been added to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back