My turn for help on paints!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You are welcome Terry.:D

Cool Wayne, will do it plase.:D

Hi Wayne. Haven't quite decided on the unit yet, but it's looking like either JG26 or JG2. Might even represent a G10 from one of those Geschwaderen. As for colours, depending on above, and the period, it will either be the greys, or the greys/green mottle, more than likely the latter. BTW, have you any info/pics on the radio aerial CABLE when the canopy is open? Does it 'sag', or just 'pull' to starboard? Any pics would be welcome, especially a G10 or G14, pref of the above units, showing the underwing cannon gondolas. I've got detail shots of these, but don't know if they were carried by these A/C. They just look mean, even though they affected performance, and I'd like to include them!
Cheers,
Terry.

Thanks Catch. Problem is, Model Master aren't that easy to get in my area, even by mail order. If I stick with enamels, I could use Xtracolor, who do the Luftwaffe range (in gloss, ready for decaling), as Humbrol used to do years ago. Xtra do them in acrylics too, but the only source, who are good, can take a week on average to deliver. As my local shop is only about half a mile away, I'll try Tamiya first, just to see if I like acrylics; it's hard breaking a habit that's been running for about 46 years!!!
Cheers,
Terry.

Hi Wayne. Haven't quite decided on the unit yet, but it's looking like either JG26 or JG2. Might even represent a G10 from one of those Geschwaderen. As for colours, depending on above, and the period, it will either be the greys, or the greys/green mottle, more than likely the latter. BTW, have you any info/pics on the radio aerial CABLE when the canopy is open? Does it 'sag', or just 'pull' to starboard? Any pics would be welcome, especially a G10 or G14, pref of the above units, showing the underwing cannon gondolas. I've got detail shots of these, but don't know if they were carried by these A/C. They just look mean, even though they affected performance, and I'd like to include them!
Cheers,
Terry.

The cable does not sag it simply pulls to Starboard. I'm sure i can come up with pics but I'm limited for time got lots of Basketball tonight, kids training, meeting and playing later.
G-14 is your better bet as the G-10 has different engine cowl panelling than what is in the kit, will look for pics later but won't be able to post any for another 24 hours...:(

And my Tamiya mixes are,
RLM 76: XF-23 Lt. Blue 1 Part, XF-66 Lt.Grey 2 parts, XF-2 White 7 Parts.
RLM 75: XF-24 Dk.Grey 1 Part, XF-51 Khaki Drab 1 Part, XF-2 White 1 Part.
RLM 74: XF-24 Dk.Grey 3 Parts, XF-27 Black Green 2 Parts, XF-2 White 1 Part.

Thanks very much for the info Wayne. No rush for the pics, it'll be a while before I get to that stage. Just about to post pics of Part Two of the build.
Cheers, Terry.

Excellent Wayne.:D

Problem is, Model Master aren't that easy to get in my area, even by mail order. If I stick with enamels, I could use Xtracolor, who do the Luftwaffe range (in gloss, ready for decaling), as Humbrol used to do years ago. Xtra do them in acrylics too, but the only source, who are good, can take a week on average to deliver. As my local shop is only about half a mile away, I'll try Tamiya first, just to see if I like acrylics; Terry.

Terry,what about availability of the Pactra acrylics at your area?

Thanks again Lucky.
Wojtek, it's the same with Pactra, which are as rare as rocking horse poo in the U.K. I can get Tamiya, or Humbrol and Revell enamel, at my local shop. Otherwise it's a trip into Manchester to the model shop there. It's only about 35 or 40 kilometres away, but it takes ages to get there by car, and hard to park. If I go by train, then it's a long walk to the other side of the city! And I'm not sure what they stock; probably the above, plus Vallejo, which means I might as well get them by mail order!
There's a 'Games Workshop' in my town, which do a good range of 'Citadel' acrylics, some of which will probably mix and match, but they're small pots for more money!
Not being familar with the different ranges, I'd prefer to see the colour first, so I guess it's Tamiya for now, or back to using the Humbrol enamels, and try acrylics on the next model! Have to see what I can get.

THX Jan, I've caught it but I would like to find out moch more about the expression.I mean what it the "poo" for instance.:lol:

You beat me to it, Jan! Another way of saying something is extremely rare, or unlikely, is to say "You've got more chance of finding Hitler's dog!"
I've just thought, only a couple of weeks ago, I was advising Jan on where to get acrylic paints! Never thought I'd need to find them! I know where they are, it was just the colour numbers, which iInow have.
Thanks again everyone.
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back