My warbird pictures

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thats a great little treasure trove of pics you have my friend, many thanks for posting.

So how many Warbirds have you had flights in ?

thanks..i do have a couple of thousand more pics but they are all on slides and paper..been taking warbirdpics sinec the mid 80`s
and lets see.. i have flown the B-17, B-25, T-6, Tiger Moth, Invader, P-51 D, PT-19, PT 26, Bucker Jungman, Ju-52, and the C-47
I guess thats it when it comes to WW2 birds..cant think of anybody else right now.. a lot more military aircrafts but those are later models ( and i only count those that i have actually flown myself..not gotten a ride in.. )

and thanks . the He 111 is not a flyer but static, and yes ..that is Max Von sydow in the picture, he played Hamsun ( a famous Norwegian writer that was one the side with the germans during WW2 ) and the movie is a norwegian movie just called Hamsun
it was real fun making that movie.. i am just a extra in the back with the 88mm flakgun at the airport when he arrives in the Reichkommisars car to go with the Ju 52 to germany to meet Hitler
lots of fun and the eyes of the people at the gas station when i was filling gas on my way home from the shoot was unbelivable.. got a few comments driving thru oslo in my car and stopped for gas in this uniform..lol
we provided the german aircrafts and equipment ( the hangar is a old original german hangar from WW2 now gone..demolished in 1998 ) we also painted up a lockhead loadstar ( only the tail is visible in the movie in the hangar ) as a Bf 110.. as one can only see the tail..

Attachments

• HAMSUN%20SWE.jpg
    HAMSUN%20SWE.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 145
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 152
I have never wanted to be at Osh more than this year. The T-28 60th anniversary flight and the A380... Oh to be independently wealthy so I could travel to all the shows...

I have never wanted to be at Osh more than this year. The T-28 60th anniversary flight and the A380... Oh to be independently wealthy so I could travel to all the shows...

I know that feeling Eric, I was suppose to have the whole week off for the airshow but with my wife laid off. Just cant afford it. One day will have to be enough this year. :(

wish i could be there also :) but maybe next year :)
and some sickdays would be nice ( without beeing sick ) but just had the flu so better get back and get some work done..hehe

one day is better than zero days Midcrow ;)

Are either of you two EAA members, they just opened up a new 24 hour camera facing the run way that members can watch for free. Not the best but its better then nothing.

With the camera, though cutting in an out in the last hour Ive seen 6 Mustangs, a Corsair, 3 yaks, PMB, 6 T-6's and a corsair come in today.

Gunther, you wouldnt by chance know more about this Bf-109E-3 would you. Its suppose to show up at the EAA this year.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Attachments

• Bf109E-3-3.jpg
    Bf109E-3-3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 128
NOW i am jealous..hehe
i have the complete story of that somewhere..will see if i can find it, it was restored in England before it was shipped over to USA and its a genuine WW2 combat veteran if i remember right ! will see if i can refind that story on that 109 :)
but now its 1am here and work tomorow. will be back asap :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back