Naughty Boys

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hobilar

Airman
Nov 3, 2007
Lincoln
www.freewebs.com
Operation Overlord-The Allied invasion of North-West Europe in June 1944 involved considerable movement of troops and stock-piling of material. Such activity would not be long in remaining undetected by inquisitive young minds.

The boys of Kings School in Canterbury certainly had a front-row view of the American Army's preparations during their regular walks on the cliffs or scrambling down to the coves and beaches. It was not long before some of the boys noticed that the American sentries appeared rather slack in their duties. Some of the braver boys, having studied intently the troops training, began to nip down to the beach after school and, 'borrowing' a DUKW (an amphibious lorry) take it for a cruise around the bay. Others enjoyed themselves by firing American carbines at bottles placed on the barbed wire.

Collecting souvenirs soon became a fashionable hobby amongst the school's pupils. This came to an immediate stop when a Headmaster's inspection revealed the full extent of their activities. In lockers and cupboards throughout the school a vast haul of dynamite, shells, mortars, hand-grenades and even small-arms were uncovered.

I know I would be shocked if my son had at school a functioning M16 in his locker at school or a 80mm mortar shell protruding from his school bag to go and show his mates during lunch time break

Users who are viewing this thread

Back