Need help finding P-40 FX567, 450 Sqn OK*_ code please.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy, the mission was my starting point. More of interest is getting a code to match the serial. A "D" is more fitting. But may just do the "X" for the date. Thanks for all your help. Look forward to seeing what I have that B&D don't, if anything.

Wurger, thanks, it's fun doing these searches, almost as much as the build.

This photo is from May_44 so I may use the code arrgt shown here.

Attachments

• 0 450_Squadron_Italy_May_1944.jpg
    0 450_Squadron_Italy_May_1944.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 86
Now that we have a D or X, I'll see if I can find another photo Bill. I could have bypassed the aircraft because the s/n was obscured.

Geo

the number of contract manufacturing with curtiss below and this is the little information I have found:

42-105408 to RAF as Kittyhawk IV FX567. SOC Aug 23, 1945

the number of contract manufacturing with curtiss below and this is the little information I have found:

42-105408 to RAF as Kittyhawk IV FX567. SOC Aug 23, 1945

Well now, that would have been too late because he left 450 Sqn March 1944, and the mission with that serial was carried out in '44.?

Last edited:
I cannot find anything where Davidson flew an extended tail version of the P-40............
But I have found a photo of him taxiing a :W: coded Kittyhawk.
Can someone tell me which model P-40 this is?

Attachments

• Taxi Dvdsn 450 Sqdn.jpg
    Taxi Dvdsn 450 Sqdn.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 83
Coupla things Bill. First, the "SOC" in Sergio's post means "Struck Off Charge", in other words, when the aircraft was taken out of service. It doesn't preclude anything about your rig unless you have Davidson flying it after that date! Second, the little upturn in the framing of the windscreen suggests to me that your pic shows a P-40M, which would make it a Kittyhawk III, though I would not bet my money on that as I know just about enough to be dangerous.

Two of us dangerous does not make one competant unfortunately.
A III model sounds about right tho. They used them '43-'45 coulda been in Lybia, Tunisia, Malta and Italy during them years.

Food for thought.

Andy, the mission was my starting point. More of interest is getting a code to match the serial. A "D" is more fitting. But may just do the "X" for the date. Thanks for all your help. Look forward to seeing what I have that B&D don't, if anything.

Wurger, thanks, it's fun doing these searches, almost as much as the build.

This photo is from May_44 so I may use the code arrgt shown here.

Hi N4521U, OK-X was piloted by Colin Morton during a mission on august 13 1944, fx 857, i have a document.
Daniele Mazzanti

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back