NEO Iwata air valve sticking

pinehilljoe

Staff Sergeant
984
1,130
Joined
May 1, 2016
Location
Northern Virginia, USA
My Iwata air valve is sticking. The airbrush is 5 years old. I haven't used it in a couple months and tried painting parts of a Tamiya F4F I started, and no air flow. After stripping I found, admittedly I should have cleaned it better last time I used it. I soaked the stripped body in lacquer thinner, that didn't improve it. I'm soaking the body over night now. Anyone recommend a lubricant for the air valve body? The brush is over 5 years old, I don't think it owes me anything. It could be some of the small O-rings in airvalve have swollen over time.
 
I should have done more homework before posting. A replacement Iwata air valve is $9 on Amazon, new one on order.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back