New BOB Stamps...?!?!...for shame! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The stamps

150716_Battle_of_Britain_MS.jpg

Oh yes, the advert is rubish, but I rather like the stamps and think they are most appropriate. I remember a similar thing happening with the initial movie poster for Thirteen Days, so maybe they will change it like they did.

There's another example of lack of, or just plain lazy research, with the sale of 'One Crown' coins in the UK, at a cost of £9.95 each, plus P&P.
The coins, which I personally think are rather tacky, are to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the BoB, and are 'gold plated' (!!), with a coloured enamel 'Union Jack' flag, and showing a Spitfire in relief - a MkVb Spitfire !
Why do companies like this, jumping on the 'band wagon', insult the intelligence, not to mention the memory of those now departed, by being downright lazy, with a 'that'll be good enough' attitude, all in the cause of making a profit from tacky cr@p ?!!
I'll try to post a pic later, if my hands are working well enough to operate the scanner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back