New BOB Stamps...?!?!...for shame!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
20150806_211754.jpg

What is wrong with this picture? Look closely...

Spitfire has 4 blades? The Bf 109 doesnt look right either but I dont know the colour schemes.

Especially with the extra cannon built into the wings !
Well, to be fair, I think they got a little confused.

The airframe is a G series, but the wing cannon in that placement would be the K series however, the long barrels come from a Fw190A-8.

But hey, no problem, that (north African) Spit sent the mysterious wunderwaffe Messerschmitt down in flames before anybody noticed!

Well, to be fair, I think they got a little confused.

The airframe is a G series, but the wing cannon in that placement would be the K series however, the long barrels come from a Fw190A-8.

But hey, no problem, that (north African) Spit sent the mysterious wunderwaffe Messerschmitt down in flames before anybody noticed!

Yup with boomerang cannon rounds if the flames from the opposite side of attack have anything to go by !

Terrible job all round.

Did the K series 109 have wing cannon ?

It also looks like it has a Typhoon/Tempest chin radiator !

Somehow not surprised, but that is still so SAD... their research probably consisted of typing 'Me 109' in Google images and printing the first thing that came up.

Bouchon with engine + MG and MG bulges from 109G-6, engine air intake looks like 605D-2 or AS equipped 109, this grey something below the engine may be a very badly done drop tank

I think the worst part of it is not mistakes in the aircraft but in the spirit of what happened. The Battle of Britain wasnt about Spitfires chasing Messerschmitts whatever the marques it was about individuals and squadrons trying to get up to oppose a fleet of bombers. I dont like the triumphalism in the picture it jars.

BoB was a struggle often on a personal level and having generic images of aircraft detracts from that.

The era of 1940 focusses on the air battle over England with Spitfires and Hurricanes. The spitfire was always a glamourpuss and can steal a show but that battle wasnt won by a few hundred spitfires. As the second world war passes slowly into history it is being twisted changed and served up in simple sound bites for the young generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back