NEW CLEAR COATS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
From AK interactive...

Capture.JPG

AK Interactive Gauzy Agent Family First Look

Until the formula in the UK changed for Johnson's Kleer (Future), I mainly applied it by brush, and never had a drying problem. I could apply a second coat after around fifteen minutes, having allowed that long for the first coat to dry. I used to leave it around 24 hours before applying decals, just to make sure it was fully hardened, but it could be handled within minutes of application.
Since the formula changed, it's now as useful as a chocolate tea pot, so I've changed to the relatively new Humbrol Gloss Clear acrylic.

Until the formula in the UK changed for Johnson's Kleer (Future), I mainly applied it by brush, and never had a drying problem. I could apply a second coat after around fifteen minutes, having allowed that long for the first coat to dry. I used to leave it around 24 hours before applying decals, just to make sure it was fully hardened, but it could be handled within minutes of application.
Since the formula changed, it's now as useful as a chocolate tea pot, so I've changed to the relatively new Humbrol Gloss Clear acrylic.

Humbrol paints are only available here via mail order which I am reluctant to do as I can't eyeball the bottle for signs of long storage etc and I have had extremely bad luck with previous mail order paints showing up dried out, empty, broken, or totally incorrect. And it is hard to argue with the postman about it, he seems to believe its not his responsibility. I tell you the cheek of these public servants!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back