New film by Spike Lee

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bearcat

Banned
Jun 7, 2007
Northern Va.
www.332vfg.com
Miracle at St. Anna

I have done no research at all on the history... yet. I just found out about the film today. Had not even heard about it... but I do know that there are many stories that have yet to be told about patriots of color in WWII... and other conflicts. I look forward to the day when America's history will be Anmerica's history.. and all the stories will be told as that history.

its very hard to find a hollywood´s movie wheres history wasnt twisted. so i believe the point is: is a good movie or not ? theres good and bad movies....

Spike Lee is a jerk, especially after hearing his rants about Clint Eastwood and "Flags of Our Fathers".

But I'll reserve judgement on the film until I see it. Hopefully it will be historically accurate.

TO

its very hard to find a hollywood´s movie wheres history wasnt twisted. so i believe the point is: is a good movie or not ? theres good and bad movies....

True, to a certain extent. There are some who try to make a movie as historically accurate as possible, while making the usual and unavoidable Hollywood-twists. Sometimes history just isnt' exciting enough for the average grunt out on the street who knows nothing of the era in question, so Hollywood has to embellish. I can understand that. I even expect it. But I also base my opinions on historical movies upon how closely they come to reality, in spite of the inevitable embellishments. Due to his rants at Clint Eastwood about no black troops being on the beaches fighting the IJA at Iwo, I don't think he'll be able to do it. It may be a great movie, action-packed and full of drama, but the only thing it'll have relating to history will be the names of towns/countries, and a Nazi or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back