New Guy, Old Modeler

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again for the warm welcomes. I put some pics in my album for anyone who may want to check it out. It has mish-mash of toy cars, customs, warbirds , a couple of close-ups of 1/48 P-61 cockpit I was working on and still am, for 4 years.

Started modeling back in the 60's. Liked and prefer 1/72 WWII aircraft. Really enjoy making dioramas. Made a bunch back in the mid 60's when I was a teenager and lived in Hawaii for the local model contests at Pete's Modelcraft.

What a small world... If you're talking about the contests at Ala Moana Center, I probably viewed your work. Used to buy my kits at Pete's and Woolworths.

:lol:Yeah that's the place. Started doing the dioramas around 67 or 68, then I discovered what my special tool was for and then girls had a priority:D After i got my license, I started to work at Pete's. Delivered stuff to the other stores. I remember the 63 Econoline van I drove to deliver stuff to the store in Kaneohe. Blew the engine up coming back from the store going over the pass. wound up buying the van and customizing it. That is another story:)

You wouldn't happen to have any pics from then. What few I had disappeared a long time ago.

Working at Pete's...now that's a job I wished I had back then. Maybe you know Butch and Paula; both used to work at Pete's too.

Sorry, no pics from those days. LOL...I was going to ask you if you had any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back