new to this but here goes.....collection!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent work Robbie, about the moisture issue, sometimes to much air pressure can cause this but I can see that with a airbrush. You might try a moisture trap like Cimea River suggested. They all look great. Keep up the good work.:thumbright:

Nice builds there mate!

Love that Mk.VIII Spitty!
Have to say too, they do look more interesting with figures, even without full diorama base. Will consider that myself in future...

Sometimes I found less is more in an artistic sense! I'll Try with a lower pressure too after I've blown out the line! Cheers for the tips!

Hey, Robbie,
Was that the Academy P-47 in Gabreski's markings? If so, I would like to know of any problems or challenges you ran into. I just got that kit and I am dying to start on it. I met Gabreski when I was 7 or 8 yrs old at a church function. He and Johnny Unitas were there. All the kids were hound Johnny while I was chatting it with Gabreski. Damned nice man and a wonderful speaker.
dale

If you mean the Academy 1/48th scale P-47, then it's an excellent kit, very well detailed and produced, with no fit problems that I recall. The only area I seem to remember which may need a little attention, is the fit of the gun barrel panels, which need to be correctly aligned, otherwise a beaut of a kit.

Hey, Guys,
Thanks for the feedback. I think I will move that one to next to do after I finish the Tamiya P-51B. Now, one last question.... I assume the boundaries between the upper surface camo are all hard edged?
Thanks,
Dale

On Gentile's P-51B or Gabreski's P-47?
Both were hard-edged to a degree, although there was some feathering on the P-51. I think I have some colour shots which might just show it.

I like it! The straight varnished timber bases really set them off!! I'm starting to make bases for my kits, although my scratch building skills are, let's say, developing. That's a great way to give a classy, professional look that anyone can do.

Good show!

U.S. Olive green over medium grey called for softer edge than would be found on, say, a Spitfire.
The way to acheive this easily is to roll some masking tape into a tight tube that is then positioned on the chosen demarcation and then place your main masking so it remains about 1 mm "proud" of the surface. you can use silly putty to keep the masking up off the surface also. Then spray down off the masking. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back