new to this but here goes.....collection!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robbbie1984

Airman
Nov 25, 2012
not been modelling for long, about a year now but here are some attatchments of completed models. Still trying to get used to airbrushing so any tips would be useful!

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to the mad house. from what I can see of the ICM Spit, it looks pretty good. But, the pics are still loading as I type, after almost three minutes. Could you please re-size them to no more than 800 x 600 pxl, and up-load direct to the forum. Otherwise, the forum 'system' has to do the re-sizing, which slows down everything.
Cheers.

These pictures are too large and cause nothing but trouble with scrolling and uploading of the page. I suggest deleting them and posting new resized down ones. We prefere the 800 pixels in the width of an image.

sorry for absence, been away....resized to make things easier!

Attachments

• IMG_5229.JPG
    IMG_5229.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_5231.JPG
    IMG_5231.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_5235.JPG
    IMG_5235.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5462.JPG
    IMG_5462.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_7483.JPG
    IMG_7483.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 216
all airbrushed including invasion stripes apart from upper stripes on P47 fuselage as this was beyond my capability so far! having a problem with so much condensation in my compresser though which is causing all my paint to fish eye and vapourise extremely wet. Tried an in line filter with some success, any tips on spraying temperatures to prevent this?

It's usually extremely dry where I live so not often I get moisture issues. Still, I do use a moisture trap (is that what you meant or do you really mean "filter"?) and there's always water in the bottom of the bottle that I blow off.

Even if you get an in-line device, if it's upstream of the hose there's a possibility of moisture in the hose so what I do is place the open hose below the compressor, making sure there are no pockets, and blow air through the open hose for about 15 seconds. Hook it up to the brush only when you see no evidence of water coming out the end.

i have the water trap but an in line filter too. I'll try the leaving the hose open and blowing air through and see how that goes. I try to spray at normal room temp but often its quite cool round here, would that increase the condensation even indoors?

Good stuff. Bit of a problem with the ailerons on the Spit VIII, but looks good. Which kit is the Mustang Mk1 - I'm considering doing one at some time?

i have the water trap but an in line filter too. I'll try the leaving the hose open and blowing air through and see how that goes. I try to spray at normal room temp but often its quite cool round here, would that increase the condensation even indoors?
Yes, I have lived in several different climates, from the desert to the wetlands, and I can tell you that there are many atmospheric variances(?) that will mess with an airbrush. Andy has it right, the best thing is to "blow" the airbrush out before trying to paint. Usually this is a quick procedure, if you have a trap in place. If not, then it can be a hit or miss experence.

Yeah, plastic warped on the aileron, wasn't great! It's the accurate minatures mk1, really nice kit to do, I enjoyed the build!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back