New to this forum and seeking help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gizmosmn

Recruit
Feb 20, 2023
Thank you for having me. I am in search of a specific Gunner Camera. I belive it is a Bell and Howell from WWII or Korea. It needs to be specific to the camera in the photo and it does not need to operate. Thanks for any help -Greg-

Last edited by a moderator:
On eBay i saw a few but not quire like that. Do you have more info?

I have been searching the internet for weeks. Ebay has a few that are similar but not exact. I have not found one that has a knob above the lens like the one in the provided photograph. As of now, I do not have any other information.

This site (linked below) has a USN M-4A camera set, in the photo gallery (image #9), is a table with all the variants and manufacturers, complete with the Navy's assigned number.

Use that table's info to refine your search.

Your camera has a couple of differences from the typical Bell & Howell. The big one that sticks out is the lack of US Navy or AAF Data plate and also the round knob next to the lens. Perhaps an early pre-production/test type B&H camera?

What type aircraft is your photo from?

Attachments

• Photo Feb 20 2023, 8 16 55 PM.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 20
I do not know what aircraft this camera came out of. It was used in a famous race car in 1961 to record the gauge data while racing. I am currently reproducing the car and doing my best to find this camera. The knob above the lens is definitely odd and I have not seen it anywhere.

I did see this page online but I do appreciate any and all leads. Any thoughts regarding the knob above the lens?

The photo is from the racecar. I have tried multiple antique camera dealers, museums, historical sights, etc. Would you know if Bell & Howell is in business?

The photo is from the racecar. I have tried multiple antique camera dealers, museums, historical sights, etc. Would you know if Bell & Howell is in business?
Have you tried clicking on the blue Bell & Howell above?

I guess that knob is a trigger switch to activate the camera. Could be very usefull when testing
Click .. dail setting sort of thing.

Eastman Kodak Co. Rochester N.Y. had a camera museum, including competitor's equipment. Kodak is still in business and the Bell & Howell name is used for TV infomercials.

Thank you for this. I will follow up

Users who are viewing this thread