New Work: Bf 109 E-7, Lysander, Swordfish, and Fw 190 A-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ColesAircraft

Airman 1st Class
It's been a long time since I posted here, but I wanted to share some of my latest artwork. I've been doing this full-time now for the past few years and I'm looking for subject and composition suggestions. Many of my clients have been coming from the UK, so I've been trying to focus on more RAF and RN subjects, as well as the usual Luftwaffe to pair with my excavated aircraft fragments. I'd love to hear feedback!

Newworkx4.jpg

Ron Cole
Cole's Aircraft
index

Just a nitpick but wouldnt the Lysander have been in matt black not gloss paint

I researched that before I started this piece. I found photos that indicated everything from a mat to an egg shell finish. I know the British applied an experimental mat black to their early nocturnal bombers that was so rough as to have caused considerable drag. So black paint that was dead mat was certainly out there. But from an artistic point of view the subject really needed to have a finish with some reflective properties. So long as egg shell was not wrong - it was right for me. :)

The Lysander at nigh looks good so why not try a few nightfighter pictures? A shadowy bomber in the background, maybe a bit of flame from the exhaust just showing, being hunted down by a Mosquito/JU-88.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back