Newer than I thought!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

KennyK

Airman
Mar 22, 2015
I'd thought i'd posted here a few times before going on a hiatus (real life gets in the way...) but it turns out that I didn't.

So...hi!

I love WW2 planes and learning about WW2 (mostly aviation) fascinates me. My family has no air force connections, though. My dad was an army medic (west Germany, 60's, I think) and my grandad was in The Border Regiment during WW2. He didn't talk about it much and most of his war is/was a big question mark with a few reasonably logical assumptions to make some gaps a little smaller.

Isn't it strange that most of history's most beautiful planes were built to kill? :D

Welcome. I think you will enjoy it here. Some of the guys here really know there stuff. I think ive learned more here in 6 months than in 10 years of reading suff on the internet and a few books here and there.

War, not peace, produces virtue. War, not peace, purges vice. War, and preparation for war, call forth all that is noble and honorable in a man. It unites him with his brothers and binds them in selfless love, eradicating in the crucible of necessity all which is base and ignoble. There in the holy mill of murder the meanest of men may seek and find that part of himself, concealed beneath the corrupt, which shines forth brilliant and virtuous, worthy of honor before the gods. Do not despise war, my young friend, nor delude yourself that mercy and compassion are virtues superior to andreia, to manly valor."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back