Nimrod crashed in Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

v2

Captain
Nov 9, 2005
Cracow
An aircraft crashed in southern Afghanistan on Saturday, killing 14 British troops, the British defense ministry said.
The "aircraft was supporting a NATO mission. It went off the radar and crashed in an open area in Kandahar," said Maj. Scott Lundy, spokesman for the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force.
Lundy said "there was no indication of an enemy attack." The crash happened about 20 kilometers (12 miles) west of the city of Kandahar, he said.
The British Ministry of Defense said Saturday said the dead included 12 Royal Air Force personnel, a Royal Marine and an army soldier.
:salute:
(cnn)

I just got chance to read about this. A terrible blow to our troops. It's increased the death toll of British in Afghanistan considerably. Always a shame. :salute:

Strains of war environments cost a lot of lives. It normally involves car accidents. My dad witnessed too many in the Gulf War.

A Nimrod? Good Lord. What was the circumstances? I subscribe to AvWeek and they usually have concise info. I'll post it if I see something.

what really got me about this one was one of the papers calling it an "RAF spyplane", i'd hardly call the Nimrod a spy plane so this's a blatent case of trying to influence the public...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back