No. 144 Squadron handley page Hampdens....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Will need some guiding anyway though, just ordered those wing tips from the Czech shop, see how it goes?
Think that I'll try Valom's Hampden at some point, when finding one at a decent price, as I said, seen them
from £19 up to £35...

Very kind of you Wojtek! :thumbright: I'll give it another couple or so of kits, before I try my hands at any kind of surgery...those wing tips could be a good start though. :lol:

Checked Hannants this morning Jan, Valom Hampdens are going for 22 of ye olde English pound at the moment (30% off). Still way too expensive for me though.

Just found out that the wing tips are sold out at that Czech shop! :(

Jan , if I were you I would find a nice scale drawings of the Hampden and would compare these moulded wing halves with them. It is possible Airfix made them a little bit oversized and all you need is to sand down these edges of tips to the correct shape.

I think you might be right my friend, and thee's a good scale drawing in the book I'm sending to Jan. The correction looks fairly easy - may need a scrap of plastic and some Milliput, but easily carved and sanded to shape.

Nice wee kit and only 6 years younger than me! :oops: :lol:

DSC_0431.jpg

The wing tips definitely needs working. Mr. Wildcat has kindly sent me a Hampden book by email,
so now I only need to get them plans in the right size and print them while here, to give it a shot later
to re-shape them to the correct style...

Much obliged Mr. Fox!

Last edited:
Jolly good old chap. From what I remember, the plans are 1/72nd scale. They might display bigger on the screen, but should print to actual size - I think !

Happy days! Just checked with the plans kindly supplied by Terry, in the Hampden book, the wings are longer and only need sanding, to get them to the correct shape and then all is good, shape and length wise! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back